This post contains affiliate links. Should a purchase be made, Love Beauty Thrive may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Affiliate disclosure is available here. Thank you.
Welcome to the weekend, friends. It’s the fifth edition of Love On This, love beauty thrive’s round-up of weekly favourites to elevate your day. It’s a quick and pretty list of things we loved this week to brighten up your weekend with a little dose of happy, your essential weekend reading.
Just like last week, our hearts continue to be with the people of Ukraine. Before we get to this week’s list, we’d first like to let you know about two organizations helping Ukrainians refugees. If you’d like to help the Ukrainian people, visit Save the Children Ukraine and Choose Love to learn what you can do.
Here is this week’s Love On This . . .
Love On This No. 5
- What did you do to recognize and celebrate International Women’s Day this week? Who are the inspiring, change-making women in your life that you admire?
- In honour of International Women’s Day, we’re highlighting women writers (fiction and nonfiction). Madeline Miller, author of Circe and The Song of Achilles: A Novel, and Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search For Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia and Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear.
- Did you watch the 57th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards? Performances by Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson were amazing. Here is the full list of winners. If you have Amazon Prime Video, you can still watch it!
- Speaking of country music legends, Dolly Parton is now an author! Run Rose Run: A Novel is co-authored by Dolly Parton and James Patterson (two of the greatest storytellers ever) and is very quickly climbing the Amazon charts.
- Pixar Animation Studios’ new coming of age film Turning Red released on Disney+. It’s the first Pixar movie to take place in Canada, set in the city of Toronto. Will you be watching with your family? As Canadians, we can’t wait!
- Goldie Hawn was named one of PEOPLE’s Women Changing the World for her work in children’s mental health. Her non-profit program MindUp teaches children skills to manage anxiety and regulate emotions. Meet the other honourees making a difference this year.
- Want to make NYC’s most exclusive pasta at home? Of course you do! Here is a copycat recipe for Carbone’s Spicy Rigatoni Vodka (known as being “mind-bendingly delicious”) from Delish.
- Do you have dry, damaged or broken hair? In case you missed it, we shared exactly how to repair your hair with the global bestselling Olaplex No. 3 Hair Perfector in a blog post this week.
- In last week’s Love On This No. 4, we shared the Reese’s Book Club pick for March, The Club: A Novel by Ellery Lloyd. It’s already an instant New York Times bestseller! Are you reading with Reese this month?
- The Adam Project is the newest must-see movie on Netflix, starring Ryan Reynolds, Walker Scobell, Jennifer Garner, Mark Ruffalo, Zoe Saldana and Catherine Keener. We’ll definitely be watching this weekend!
- We talked about Netflix’s Sweet Magnolias and Virgin River in last week’s Love On This No. 4. Did you know about The Sweet Magnolias Southern Cookbook: More Than 150 Favorite Southern Recipes?! You know there will be recipes from their legendary margarita nights!
- It’s daylight saving time this weekend! This is your friendly reminder to spring your clocks ahead. We don’t know about you, but we’re definitely ready for more sunlight in the evening.
- Have you ever heard of a Caprese Bagel? You have to try this, it’s so beautiful and looks delicious (thanks to Williams Sonoma). A special twist on breakfast with “roasted cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and pesto.”
- Happy March Break! If your family is celebrating March Break this upcoming week, we wish you a safe, healthy and happy break together. Safe travels to you also, if you are vacationing away from home.
- Together, we can help the people of Ukraine. In recognition of International Women’s Day, Jennifer Aniston linked several resources and ways to support Ukrainian women in this Instagram post, if you’d like to donate. We also listed a number of other on-the-ground organizations accepting donations in this blog post.
Our hearts are with the Ukrainian people. We wish you and your family a safe, wonderful weekend.
Show us some love. Follow love beauty thrive on Pinterest here. Save this post for later using this pin. Reading, saving and sharing our posts supports this blog, a small business. Thank you.