This post contains affiliate links. Should a purchase be made, Love Beauty Thrive may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Affiliate disclosure is available here. Thank you.
Welcome to the weekend, friends. And to this week’s Love On This, love beauty thrive’s weekly list of positivity and favourites to elevate your Friday. It’s essential reading to help brighten your day and start your weekend in the best way.
This week, our hearts are with the people of Ukraine. If you’d like to know how you can help, you’ll find information at the bottom of this post. Additional resources are also available in this article.
Here is this week’s Love On This . . .
Love On This No. 4
- Hello March! It’s the start of a brand new month. We’ll soon be welcoming the start of spring. What are your goals and ambitions for this month? For the new season?
- It’s here! Reese’s March pick for Reese’s Book Club . . . The Club: A Novel by Ellery Lloyd. Will you be reading this month? Don’t miss what Reese has to say about this wild thriller.
- Reese has more exciting news! Hello Sunshine, her media company, has acquired The Home Edit – the hottest brand in lifestyle and organization. We shared all about how to organize like The Home Edit in this blog post.
- As Black History Month comes to a close, we’d like to recognize history. Ketanji Brown Jackson was announced as the first Black woman ever nominated to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Recently, Gabrielle Bernstein’s Super Attractor was recommended to us. And, she has a new release. Happy Days: The Guided Path from Trauma to Profound Freedom and Inner Peace is already a bestseller.
- In other book news, Brianna Wiest (author of 101 Essays That Will Change The Way You Think and The Mountain is You: Transforming Self Sabotage Into Self-Mastery) also has a new release, When You’re Ready, This Is How You Heal.
- William and Kate, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, welcomed a new puppy to their family! Kate’s brother, James Middleton, shared the first photo. We’re so happy the Queen (who made a generous donation to aid the people of Ukraine) is back to her duties and feeling better.
- Have you watched Netflix’s Inventing Anna? We’re seeing so much about Julia Garner’s performance. Should we watch it? You may also recognize Julia from her work alongside Jason Bateman in Ozark.
- It’s International Women’s Day next week. Celebrate the remarkable women in your life, their achievements and contributions. Who are the inspiring, change-making women you admire?
- Do you love heartfelt, soapy and super sweet stories about small town friendships, relationships and love interests (like Gilmore Girls)? Netflix’s incredibly popular Sweet Magnolias and Virgin River are both based on book series. Binge the shows, read the books!
- At love beauty thrive, we’re all about the life-changing power of reading. It was National Read Across America Day this week, also known as Dr. Seuss Day (recognized every year on his birthday, March 2). Here is my favourite Dr. Seuss book to read to my children . . . hint, it has lots of truffula trees.
- Did you catch the 23rd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards last weekend? In case you missed it, here is a full list of winners. CODA was a trailblazing, winning film this year for deaf actors. Don’t these award shows inspire you to immerse yourself in incredible films, shows and stories?
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, accepted the NAACP President’s Award at the 53rd Annual NAACP Image Awards. In her acceptance, she honoured Black America, the civil rights movement, and John Lewis.
- In this week’s Love On This, there is a lot of book talk. We’re ultimate book lovers (especially of female writers and women centered stories, there’s not enough)! Who is your favourite author?
- Together, we can help the people of Ukraine. Here is a list of on-the-ground organizations who are accepting donations (including the Red Cross, UNICEF, and United Help Ukraine) and information on other ways you can contribute.
Our hearts are with the Ukrainian people.
Show us some love. Follow love beauty thrive on Pinterest here. Save this post for later using this pin. Reading, saving and sharing our posts supports this blog, a small business. Thank you.