This post contains affiliate links. Should a purchase be made, Love Beauty Thrive may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Affiliate disclosure is available here. Thank you.
Happy Friday! Welcome to the second edition of Love On This, love beauty thrive’s new weekly blog series. It’s a list of all kinds of happy favourites from the past week for you to love on over the weekend. Think of it as your essential weekend reading. A once-a-week catch-up of positive news between friends, to get your weekend started in the best way.
In case you missed it, here’s the first edition of Love On This that gives you all the details on what this blog series is all about, and exactly what you can expect in each week’s post. You’ll find Love On This on the blog every Friday, so we’ll see you again next week . . . bringing you all the happy!
Are you ready to kick off the weekend? Let’s get to it!
Love On This No. 2
- Happy Lunar New Year to all those who celebrated at the beginning of this month! It’s the year of the water tiger, representing “action, strength, bravery and clearing away evil.”
- Exciting news! love beauty thrive’s first ever gift guide was launched this week in honour of Valentine’s Day. Our 1st Annual Valentine’s Day Gift Guide is live and ready for you to shop.
- Have you tried CeraVe skincare products? I always see this brand recommended! CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser and CeraVe Moisturizing Cream are both Amazon #1 best sellers this week (in Facial Cleansing Washes and Body Creams).
- Go Team Canada! Are you watching the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games? Snowboarder Max Parrot won Canada’s first gold medal of the games this week. Congratulations!
- Sunday nights are family movie night at our house. And oh, this week we watched the brilliant, beautiful Encanto. It’s hit song, We Don’t Talk About Bruno reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 (a first for Disney in 26 years), even beating out Let It Go!
- The 70th anniversary of the accession of Queen Elizabeth II was marked on February 6, 2022. The Platinum Jubilee will be commemorated throughout the year. It’s the first time a British monarch has celebrated this incredible milestone.
- I have never seen an episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians. But, I did get breaking news on my phone that Kylie Jenner welcomed her second child (and I do admire Kim’s aspiring legal career). Congratulations!
- Have you read Gabrielle Bernstein’s books? Super Attractor was recommended to me this week, and I can’t wait to get a copy. A New York Times bestseller about ‘practical steps to create a life filled with purpose, happiness and freedom.’ Let me know if you’ve read it!
- I love my Instant Pot. Do you have one? This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is the best I have ever tried. Honestly, it’s probably the best chicken soup I’ve ever made. It’s a recipe that’s on repeat in this house, healthy and so good.
- It’s a brand new Oprah’s Book Club selection! The Way of Integrity by Martha Beck. Follow Oprah’s Book Club on Instagram for a reading schedule.
- In case you missed it, I shared the best ever budget beauty buys in a blog post this week. It’s a list of the very best in budget-friendly, cult favourite, drugstore beauty available on Amazon.
- Are you ready for this? One of our favourite things, Reese’s Book Club, launched their very first line of merch (it’s the cutest)! Every purchase benefits the Anti-Racist Children’s Book Fund.
- Here’s a sneak peek hint to an upcoming love beauty thrive blog post! Check out these healthy, amazing (and oh so pretty) fruit infused water recipes.
- In the first edition of Love On This, the very first item was about my love for one of my go-to happy movies, Just Go With It, starring Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler. And look what he just posted!
- Speaking of the amazing Jennifer Aniston, it’s her birthday today! Wishing a happy 53rd birthday to a very inspiring, iconic woman. Happy Birthday Jenn!
Show us some love! Follow love beauty thrive on Pinterest here. Save this post for later using this pin! Reading, saving and sharing posts supports this blog, a small business. Thank you for all the love.