This post contains affiliate links. Should a purchase be made, Love Beauty Thrive may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Affiliate disclosure is available here. Thank you.
Happy Friday! Welcome to the very first edition of Love On This, love beauty thrive’s new weekly blog series. Earlier this week, we talked about our new vision for the blog and the great changes you’ll see coming up this year. Love On This is the second new series being introduced as part of love beauty thrive’s vision for 2022 (yesterday we saw the first, Between the Covers, a monthly book feature).
I’m so excited for Love On This to help you kick off your weekend in the best way, with a list of happy favourites from this past week. Before we get to it, here’s a bit more on what Love On This is all about and what you can expect in each week’s post . . .
What’s Love On This?
Love On This is a weekly series of favourites, reading, links and other interesting little internet finds for you to love on through the weekend! I’ll be compiling a list of all my online favourites throughout the week (articles, blogs, pop culture, news, great buys, sales and more), anything I loved that week across internetland and the blogosphere that I can’t wait to share with you.
I’m so excited for this series, a quick and pretty weekly post that’s totally brand new to love beauty thrive. You’ll find Love On This on the blog every Friday.
Ready for some happy this Friday? Let’s get to it!
Love On This
- One of my favourite go-to happy movies, Just Go With It (a 2011 Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler rom-com) has been rediscovered! It’s one of the most popular movies on Netflix right now. Add it to your must-watch list!
- Happy Birthday Oprah! One of the most inspiring women, Oprah Winfrey celebrates turning 68 with birthday wishes from famous friends.
- In the latest edition of his monthly newsletter Granted, Adam Grant, organizational psychologist and bestselling author of Think Again, shares his top book picks to kick off the new year.
- In our own happy news, love beauty thrive launched it’s new vision for the blog this week! In case you missed it, here are all the exciting changes you’ll see coming up this year on the blog.
- love beauty thrive also introduced our first new blog series yesterday, Between the Covers. It’s a monthly book feature you won’t want to miss. Find out our first book pick and read along with us!
- Rachel Hollis is one of my favourite podcasters. Rach Talk is back! It’s her informal, girlfriend-y podcast (and YouTube) series of happy, fun conversations about everything.
- In one of her recent podcasts, Rachel revealed her favourite brand and shade of nail polish (it’s a cotton candy pink from OPI’s Hello Kitty collection). Let’s Be Friends, isn’t it beautiful?!
- This one is for the kiddos. My kids have been longtime fans of the family YouTube sensation, Family Fun Pack. After five boys, they welcomed a baby girl this week. Congratulations!
- My family recently adopted two rescue kittens. They are absolutely crazy for this super simple, affordable cat toy. If you have a cat, I promise this will be their new favourite thing in all of life.
- It was Groundhog Day on February 2. I’ve read some conflicting reports amongst groundhogs this year. Let’s hope for an early spring and in the meantime, learn about their mysterious ways.
- Reese’s Book Club revealed the February pick! If you’re a book lover like me, you can’t wait to find out what she’s reading each month. Will you be reading with Reese this February?
- Are you ready for Valentine’s Day? love beauty thrive’s first ever gift guide launches early next week (to celebrate love). Here’s a sneak peek of just one of the amazing items you’ll see in our guide.
- February is Black History Month. This children’s book (an instant New York Times bestseller) will inspire and educate your little ones on the bold women in Black history who changed the world.
- Did you see the opening ceremony of the Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games this morning? In case you missed it, you can read all about it and see photos here. Go Team Canada!
- Jennifer Garner’s Instagram account is one of my favourites. If you want to smile every day at some of the sweetest posts, be sure to follow her (and don’t miss her Pretend Cooking Show)!
Show us some love! Follow love beauty thrive on Pinterest here. Save this post for later using this pin! Thank you so much for reading, saving and sharing our posts and for supporting this blog (it’s absolutely a true labour of love and so great connecting with you)!