This post contains affiliate links. Should a purchase be made, Love Beauty Thrive may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Affiliate disclosure is available here. Thank you.
Hello, September. I’m so happy you’re here, I’ve missed you.
September, of course, marks my favourite time of year. A summer of beautiful memories is winding down. In the morning, a touch of autumn is felt in the slightly crisp, breezy air. Here in Canada, our kids are just days away from going back to school – a welcome return to routine, learning and reuniting with class friends.
But for today, it’s the last long weekend of summer. We’ve been making the most of these last glorious days of sunshine and freedom, spending them at our favourite place – the river. Barefoot on the dock, the sun on our skin, the kids catching frogs, reeling in fish after fish. I’m just so grateful.
Before we get to weekend reading, a little more from behind the scenes. In the past few weeks, our family also travelled. Is there anything better than hitting the road together in the summer? An amazing getaway to the incredible Niagara Falls, an extraordinary sight to see. A perfect end-of-summer road trip.
How are you celebrating the last of the summer? It’s not over yet! I hope you’re making wonderful memories together with family and friends, ready to soon cozy up with books and coffee this autumn as we see what the rest of the year brings us all. Have an amazing Sunday, friends.
And with that, here is this week’s Love On This . . .
Love On This | September 4, 2022
- Welcome . . . it’s a new day here at Love Beauty Thrive. In case you missed it, you can read all about the new Love Beauty Thrive in this blog post. Let’s thrive together.
- Goals . . . It’s a brand new month. What are your goals for September? In September, I am all about routine, routine, routine. A routine of focus, intention and gratitude – a new beginning.
- Celebrating . . . back to school! It’s such an exciting time for our kids. It’s back to school for us this week, a fresh start! And we all can’t wait. Are you done your back-to-school shopping?
- Reading . . . The Mountain Is You by Brianna Wiest. A bestselling, motivational self-help read that I just got my hands on. What are you reading this weekend?
- Indulging . . . Pumpkin Spice Latte (of course). It’s back! Pumpkin season has returned to Starbucks. You can also order up a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew or an Apple Crisp Macchiato.
- Watching . . . Virgin River. It seems everyone loves this charming, small town drama starring Alexandra Breckenridge. It’s been incredibly successful. Ready to binge season four with me?
- Watching . . . The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. Oh yes. Reviewed as a television masterpiece, this new series just premiered on Amazon Prime. Let’s hope it does it justice.
- In case you missed it . . . I love Reese’s Book Club! I’ll be following along with Reese’s Book Club here on the blog. A new pick will be announced soon. Read with me – and put on the coffee.
- Listening . . . did you hear the news? Taylor Swift’s newest album Midnights (“the stories of 13 sleepless nights scattered throughout my life”) will be released on October 21 – at midnight sharp.
- Loving . . . Taylor Hawkins tribute concert. Dave Grohl brings out Hawkins’ 16-year-old son Shane to play the drums during a performance of My Hero, an incredibly powerful moment.
- Ordered . . . Sistema’s Bento Box Lunch Containers for back to school. It has multiple compartments, a sandwich container, salad dressing container and is dishwasher safe – perfect for the kids!
- Ordered . . . Nintendo’s Splatoon 3. We are a Nintendo family! And like so many, we can’t wait for the new, wildly popular Splatoon to release next week. Ready for tons of family fun? Pre-order a copy!
- In case you missed it . . . summer is not over yet! Make the most of the last sunny days of the season – and care for your skin. Here are some secrets to summer travel skin care.
- Following . . . Reese’s Book Club. If you’ve been with me awhile, you know I love Reese’s Book Club. I’m eagerly anticipating the announcement of September’s pick. Join the club!
- Supporting . . . Back to School Backpack Programs. Help make sure that kids and struggling families in your community have the school supplies they need to be empowered and succeed. If you’d like to help or need assistance with school supplies for your child, check in with your local charitable organizations (e.g., The Salvation Army).
I love connecting with you, and I love Pinterest. You can follow Love Beauty Thrive on Pinterest here. Save this post for later using this pin. As always, thank you so much for reading, and for all the love.
You May Also Like
Welcome to Love Beauty Thrive
Love On This | August 12, 2022