This post may contain affiliate links. Should a purchase be made, Love Beauty Thrive may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Affiliate disclosure is available here. Thank you.
Hello, August. Happy Friday, Friends!
Wow, it has been a minute since I’ve written a Love On This post. I love this weekly series, I’m so happy to be back to it! I’ve been spending some time behind the scenes, enjoying the sunshine with my family. It’s a beautiful summer, I hope you’re spending lots of sunny time outdoors (with sunscreen, of course)!
Now that we’re into the last full month of summer, I couldn’t wait to get back to it. I hope Love On This, my weekly series of happy favourites, is just the light, fun Friday reading, you need to help kick off your weekend in the best way! Before we get to it, here’s a little update from behind the scenes at Love Beauty Thrive . . .
First, we’re loving the summer. Days spent at the beach, picking berries at our local farms, fishing at the river, and bike rides for the kids. Ice cream, swimming, BBQs, all the outdoor adventures and fun in the sun – it’s been amazing! And I am so grateful for this family time.
This week, we’re travelling! Our family is looking forward to a long weekend getaway at a water park resort. We’re hoping for beautiful weather, and are almost packed and ready to go! Did someone say road trip? Is there anything better than hitting the road together in the summer? I’ll be sure to update you!
I’m so happy to be back, friends. As always, thanks so much for all the love.
And with that, happy reading! Here is this week’s Love On This . . .
Love On This | August 12, 2022
- Goals . . . It’s a brand new month. What are your goals to close out the summer? Make the most of it! I’m spending as much time outdoors at the river as possible.
- Celebrating . . . summer, summer, summer. Sunshine. Time spent with family in the beautiful great outdoors. How are you celebrating the last month of summer?
- Reading . . . Educated by Tara Westover. An exceptional memoir that I’m re-reading. What are you reading this month?
- Watching . . . Shania Twain’s Not Just a Girl. A fascinating career-spanning documentary on the only artist (a fellow Canadian) to have three consecutive, certified diamond albums.
- In case you missed it . . . check out my post on helpful Bio-Oil Skincare Oil tips for soothing dry skin. It’s a multi-purpose miracle product.
- Loving . . . turquoise, all things deep turquoise. It’s my colour of the season, the prettiest of jewel tone blues. Also, a bold orange and pink colour combo – Mindy Kaling proves it’s trending this summer!
- Listening . . . Beyonce’s new album RENAISSANCE on Spotify (obviously).
- Dreaming . . . of becoming an aspiring foodie and self-trained photographer. As a photography hobbyist, a photographer was always the dream. I’d also love to create recipes to share on the blog.
- Ordered . . . Paper Mate Flair! Felt Tip Pens. I love these! I’ve been planning my day with these colourful marker pens each morning. I ordered 0.4 mm fine point, next time I’ll try 0.7 mm medium point.
- Trying . . . The Ordinary’s Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density. I’m trying this after experiencing some extra hair fall post-Covid. I trust the quality and affordability of Abnormal Company products. So far, so good!
- In case you missed it . . . check out my post on starting summer mornings with healthy, mixed berry and vanilla protein smoothies. YUM!
- Cooking . . . Sabatasso’s Gluten-Free Four Cheese Pizzas (available at Costco). I know, it’s not technically cooking. But, I do add toppings. As the only GF person in my house, these are special to me (one of the best I’ve tried)!
- Planning . . . back to school for the kids. I need supplies and to get the kids back on schedule, back to routine. What are your back to school must-haves?
- Following . . . Delish. If you’ve been with me awhile, you know I love to link these simple, delicious (amazing) recipes. Check them out!
- Supporting . . . the Canadian Red Cross. Its work to support those impacted by the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine is close to my heart. If you’d like to help the people of Ukraine, you can donate here.
I love connecting with you! And I love Pinterest. You can follow Love Beauty Thrive on Pinterest here. Save this post for later using this pin. Thanks for reading and stopping by!